Players in Attendance: Ryven, Dan, Michael, Matt
Time for an Experiment…
- Gerald couldn’t make it, so I decided to declare a special session to try out a wacky twist on 4e.
- Basically, I wanted to see what 4e looks like if you have multiple APs and can spend them all during a fight.
- We decided that we were going to frame the experiment as a daydream of the rook Swift Hawk from during the Wendigo fight from session two.
- “I could have been so much more awesome…”
Some things about Action Points
- The characters weren’t really optimized for AP use, so they didn’t make maximal effectiveness out of the increased actions.
- the limiter on action point use is accuracy. poor or average accuracy means meh AP use. high accuracy makes AP hyper-deadly.
- so the real trick then might be to mess around with accuracy, and see how that effects the game. I think higher accuracy can result in a faster and more interesting combat.
- back to regular game next week…